GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR GUIDED TOURS, SELF-GUIDED TOURS,
PRIVATE TOURS, CORPORATE/LARGE GROUP TOURS, EVENTS, RENTALS & GIFT VOUCHERS.
Please take the time to read and understand our ‘General Terms & Conditions’ of booking a tour, event, rental or gift voucher with us. We strongly recommend you read all information available prior to making the booking, so as to ensure you understand what is provided by us and what is expected of you.
- THE AGREEMENT
- All agreements are made with Stockholm ICEguide AB, referred to as SIg. SIg is a tour operator trading under the names Stockholm Adventures and ICEguide. By booking a tour you are entering into an agreement with SIg. By entering into this agreement, you are deemed to have agreed to these ‘General Terms & Conditions’, and your booking is accepted by us on this basis.
- The services to be provided by SIg, and thus the foundation of this agreement, are to be referred to in your booking confirmation and ‘Welcome Information’ at the time of booking.
- SIg is responsible to the client/participant for what the latter is entitled to demand as a consequence of the agreement. This responsibility also applies to a third party working as an intermediary between SIg and the client/participant. The third party will be responsible to the client/participant in the same way that SIg is.
- Details in SIg’s catalogues, brochures and on their webpage, are binding for this party. However, SIg may amend details without notification before agreements have been entered into. Once an agreement has been entered into, any amendments should be clearly communicated to the client/participant.
- SIg must keep the client/participant informed of issues of importance which are connected with the agreement.
- Connecting trips or special arrangements will be included in the agreement only if they are sold or marketed in combination with the main arrangement for a joint price, or for separate prices linked to one another.
- The agreement will be binding for the parties when the client/participant has paid the agreed fee, within the agreed time frame, and SIg has confirmed in writing the client/participants’ booking. SIg must confirm the client’s booking without delay.
- SIg reserves the right to change the price of a booking if changes occur to Swedish taxation or fees.
- THE BOOKING
- Bookings for Guided Tours, Self-Guided Tours, some Private Tours, Rentals and Gift Vouchers can be made through our websites; stockholmadventures.com and www.iceguide.se, or at our Adventure Café located at Kungsbro Strand 21, 112 26 Stockholm.
- Bookings for most Private Tours, Corporate/Large Group Tours, Events and Corporate Rentals can be made by email to email@example.com.
- The client is required to provide all necessary information requested by SIg at the time of booking.
- A booking confirmation and ‘Welcome Information’ PDF will automatically be sent to theclient/participant once the booking is complete. If the the client/participantdoes not receive an email within 2 hours of booking, it is the clients’ responsibility to contact SIg to ensure no problems have occurred during the booking process.
- Sig cannot be held responsible for non-refundable travel plans eg. flights, train journeys etc. if the client has booked these prior to receiving confirmation.
- The booking confirmation and ‘Welcome Information’ supplied by SIg will contain all the relevant and important details needed by the client/participant, including start/finish times and location. This confirmation will be written in English.
- If theclient/participantis booking on behalf of others, it is their responsibility to ensure the important information is passed on to all participants.
- THE PAYMENT
- All pricing is in Swedish Krona including tax.
- SIg requires full payment at the time of booking, unless a different agreement involving an invoice has been negotiated beforehand.
- All exchange rate fluctuations should be absorbed by the client/participant.
- All bank transaction fees should be absorbed by the client/participant.
- THE CLIENT/PARTICIPANTS’ RIGHT TO CANCEL THE BOOKING
- For Guided and Self-Guided DAY Tours, and Rentals there will be no cancellation fee for cancellations up to 24 hours prior to departure. For cancellations within 24 hours of departure, the client/participant will be charged 100% of the booking cost.
- For Guided MULTIDAY Tours, Private DAY Tours and overnight packages there will be no cancellation fee for cancellations up to 7 days prior to departure. For cancellations within 7 days of departure, the client/participant will be charged 100% of the booking cost.
- For Private Tours, Corporate/Large Group Tours and Events there will be no cancellation fee for cancellations up to 30 days prior to departure. For cancellations within 30 days the following fees apply:
- Cancellations between 30 and 14 days prior to departure, the client/participant will be charged 15% of the booking cost.
- Cancellations between 14 days and 48 hours prior to departure, the client/participant will be charged 50% of the booking cost,
- Cancellations within 48 hours of departure, the client/participant will be charged 100 % of the booking cost.
- Gift Vouchers are 100% NON-REFUNDABLE and cannot be exchanged for money.
- SIg does not sell Travel Insurance with cancellation cover but recommends all client/participants obtain adequate Travel Insurance before booking any travel arrangements and tours.
- Any client/participant who has booked shared accommodation with a client/participant who has cancelled their tour, will receive accommodation of the same standard at no extra cost to them.
- Once a client/participant is aware they need to cancel their tour, an email should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘CANCELLATION’ written in the subject line, the booking reference visible and a brief explanation as to why the cancellation is necessary.
- SIg cannot accept a cancellation from anyone other than the payee.
- After cancellation, any amount owing to the client/participant will be refunded without delay, and within 14 days of the cancellation at the latest.Refunds will be processed via the same means that payment was made.
- For clients/participants who have booked through a third party, they must contact that third-party regarding cancellation and potential refunds.
- THE CLIENT/PARTICIPANTS’ RIGHT TO AMEND THE BOOKING
- The client/participant is entitled to amend the time of departure; where it is possible to do so without jeopardising the tour/service offered, and change the identity of one or more of the participants. Any other modifications will be deemed a ‘re book’ and cancellation conditions will apply, unless specifically stated by SIg.
- Amendments processed earlier than 7 days prior to departure will not incur a fee.
- Amendments processed between 7 days and 48 hours prior to departure, could incur a 400 SEK administration fee.
- Amendments cannot be processed less than 48 hours prior to departure.
- For those clients/participants who have booked through a third party, they must contact that third party regarding amendments.
- AMENDMENTS AND CANCELLATIONS BY SIg PRIOR TO DEPARTURE
- SIg will operate tours in all weathers unless their official guides and representatives believe it unsafe/unsecure to do so. SIg therefore reserves the right to cancel a tour should it be deemed unsafe/unsecure to operate. SIg and their official guides and representatives are the only persons able to take that decision.
- SIg reserves the right to cancel a tour up to 24 hours prior to departure should the minimum number of required guests not be not met.
- In the unlikely event that a tour is cancelled, the client will be offered an alternative date or a full refund.
- In the event of a cancellation, Sig cannot be held responsible for non-refundable travel plans eg. flights, train journeys etc.
- AMENDMENTS AND CANCELLATIONS BY SIg AFTER DEPARTURE: PROBLEMS AND SHORTCOMINGS
7.1 Services not rendered
If, after departure, a significant proportion of the agreement cannot be provided, SIg must organise appropriate substitute arrangements at no extra cost to the client/participant. If substitute arrangements cannot be organised, or if the client/participant rejects such arrangements for acceptable reasons, SIg must, where reasonable, provide transport back to the place of departure, or to another location approved by the client/participant at no extra cost to them.
7.2 Other problems and shortcomings
In the event of problems and shortcomings with the agreed services other than those such as are described in 7.1, the client/participant will be entitled to compensation, unless the problem is due to the client/participant themselves.
The client/participant will not be entitled to compensation if SIg demonstrates that the problem is due to an obstacle beyond the control of SIg, which neither party could have anticipated when the agreement was entered into, and the consequences of which could not have been avoided.
If the problem is due to a representative of SIg, or another party, SIg will be exempt from indemnity liability in accordance with the second paragraph.
In the event of problems which are due to circumstances described in the second or third paragraph, SIg must provide the client/participant with any help required.
7.3 Scope of compensation
Compensation in accordance with these terms, apart from compensation for damage to wealth, will include compensation for personal injury or damage to property. Compensation for damage/injury covered by the regulations of sjölagen (1994:1009, the Maritime Act), luftfartslagen (1957:297, the Aviation Act), järnvägstrafiklagen (1985:192, the Act on Carriage by Rail) or lagen om internationell järnvägstrafik (1985:193, the Act on International Carriage by Rail) will be paid in accordance with the said laws as they stand at the time the damage/injury occurred instead of in accordance with these terms. However, SIg will always be liable to compensate the client/participant for what the latter is entitled to claim in accordance with the said acts. It is the responsibility of the client/participant to limit the damage to the greatest possible extent.
- COMPLAINTS AND RECTIFICATION
8.1 The client/participant should raise complaints and concerns with SIg’s guide or representative at the time they occur, so they can immediately attempt to rectify said complaints and concerns.
8.2 If the client/participant is unsatisfied with the attempt at rectification, then the complaint should be put in writing and sent to SIg within 30 days of the end of the tour. SIg will then launch a full investigation into the matter.
8.3 Without prejudice to 8.1, the client/participant may cite faults if SIg or a third party/intermediary has acted with gross negligence, or contrary to faith and honour.
- RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CLIENT/PARTICIPANT DURING THE TOUR
9.1 SIg’s ‘Welcome Information’
The booking confirmation and ‘Welcome Information’ supplied by SIg will contain all the relevant and important information needed by the client/participant to join the tour. It will detail; inclusions and exclusions, restrictions, what to bring, how to dress and where the tour starts and finishes. It is the clients/participants’ responsibility to arrive on time to the correct location, dressed appropriately and with anything SIg indicates should be brought along. Failure to do so could result in the termination of the agreement.
9.2 SIg’s instructions and directions
The client/participantis obliged to comply with the instructions and directions given by the guide or any other representative of SIg. The decisions and instructions of the guide/representative are final. The client/participantis obliged to comply with rules, regulations, laws and customs which apply to the tour, the country, the transport and hotels, etc. The client/participant is also obliged to behave in a manner that respects their guide and fellow participants and does not impinge on the enjoyment of others. If the client/participant infringes these regulations, SIg has the right to terminate the agreement and pass on any costs incurred.
9.3 The participants’ responsibility for damage
The client/participantis responsible for, and therefore should compensate SIg for any unreasonable damage or loss caused to SIg’s equipment or property whilst in their care and under their usage.
9.4 Passports, visas, health regulations, travel insurance etc.
The client/participantis responsible for undertaking the requisite formalities for the completion of their trip; such as holding a valid passport and visa, obtaining necessary vaccinations and purchasing adequate Travel Insurance. Theclient/participantis responsible for all costs incurred due to shortcomings of the stated formalities.
9.5 Deviation from the arrangement
Any client/participantwho deviates from the arrangement once the trip has commenced will be obliged to notify SIg, or their representative, at the moment they deviate. Once the guest/participant deviates from the arrangement they could sacrifice all remaining elements of the tour/agreement and incur additional costs.
9.6 Acceptance of risk
The client/participant acknowledges that the nature of the tour is adventurous and participation involves a degree of personal risk.
- THE RESOLUTION OF DISPUTES
All parties should attempt to resolve disputes relating to the interpretation or application of the agreement by means of negotiation. If the parties are unable to agree, the dispute may be reviewed by Swedish Law, the National Board for Consumer Complaints, or by an ordinary court of law.
- APPLICABLE LAW
The laws of Sweden govern these General Terms and Conditions to the fullest extent allowable. Any disputes in connection with a tour or these Conditions must be initiated in the courts of Sweden.
- REGISTERED ADDRESS
Stockholm Adventures, Kungsbro Strand 21, 112 26 Stockholm, Sweden.
Stockholm ICEguide AB corporate no. SE556958-0250.
Stockholm 10 JAN 2019