Don’t worry if you’ve never tried ice skating before; anyone can do it! Come and join us for a very Swedish winter adventure, skating on natural ice in and around Stockholm.
Self-Guided Ice Skating
Ice skates, boots, helmet, ice claws, daypack with classic outdoor lunch and hot/cold drinks, map and instructions, seat mat
- Adult All Ages
- Extra Adult All Ages
- Youth All Ages
Self-Guided Ice Skating Outside Stockholm City
During the winter, Stockholm offers some of the best ice skating on natural ice in the world! All the locals are doing it, so why not do as a local and create your own self-guided ice skating adventure! If you have some ice skating experience, why not let us kit you out and point you in the right direction?!
Enjoy a day on the ice, without having to prepare anything yourself!
Our knowledge, your experience!
We will provide you with the how, the where and the equipment, all you need is the enthusiasm and a little experience.
We will provide:
- HOW – detailed map, compass and a description of the route
- WHERE – instructions how to get to the best plowed track for the day
- Day pack/rucksack
- Our delicious ‘classic outdoor lunch’ to keep you well fueled and smiling
- Hot and cold drinks
- Seat mat so you can rest wherever you please
- Ice skates and boots
- Ice claws
We will also advise you on the ice conditions for that day and share our local insider knowledge and experience with you to make the day easier and more enjoyable.
For safety reasons, we will be directing you to one of Stockholm’s plowed ice skating tracks. If you do not want to skate on a plowed track, then you should either join one of our guided tours or choose equipment rental, depending on your experience skating.
If you are inexperienced skating on natural ice, we will give you some useful tips before you set off too, however, if you are beginners we do recommend you join our ‘Introduction Tour’ before thinking about going it alone.
- Included meal: Classic outdoor lunch.
- Not included: Public transport fee.
- Time of the year: January – mid-March.
- Maximum weight: 130 kg.
- YOU SHOULD BOOK THIS ACTIVITY ONLINE IN ADVANCE. We ask you to book in advance, not only to avoid disappointment due to availability but also to save delays to your day as we need time to prepare your kit. We do have children’s skates; however, our smallest boots size is 36, so children should have their own boots.