Don’t worry if you’ve never tried ice skating before; anyone can do it! Come and join us for a very Swedish winter adventure, skating on natural ice in and around Stockholm.
A Day on the Ice Guided Tour
Skates, boots, backpacks (including safety equipment — we use the best quality equipment on the market!), classic outdoor lunch, transport from central Stockholm to/from the ice
- Adult From 18 years old
A Day of Nordic Skating on Natural Ice
If you are a confident skater and have previous experience ice skating either on natural ice, ovals, rinks, inline skating or cross country skiing skating-style, this is the perfect winter day tour for you! Here in Stockholm, we have some of the best natural ice in the world. It’s such a thrilling sensation gliding over the ice surrounded by nature, and this day tour is sure to be a truly unique and unforgettable experience!
- Further your ice skating techniques.
- Experience the thrill of ice skating on natural ice.
- Ice skate on a series of small lakes, Lake Mälaren (the fifth-largest lake in Europe) and/or the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s Archipelago.
- Spend the day surrounded by breathtaking scenery.
- Knowledgeable and experienced English-speaking guides.
- Top-quality equipment.
- Small groups; minimum 2 participants / max. 10 participants per guide.
- Delicious classic outdoor lunch around an open fire with grilled sausages.
- Pick-up and drop-off from the city included.
It’s an early start so as to make the most of the daylight hours, meeting your guide and the rest of your group at our Adventure Café. Your guide gives you a brief on the tour ahead and the safety equipment you will skate with before driving you out of the city to the best ice for the day, somewhere in the outstandingly beautiful natural surroundings of Stockholm.
This tour takes a fairly high tempo and focuses on getting a good distance under your skates. Depending on the weather, ice conditions and competency of your group, you could cover up to 70 km during the day.
Your guide is happy to offer tips and advice in order to help you fine-tune the ice skating skills you already possess, so as to help you evolve as a Nordic skater and get a sense of achievement out of the day.
The tour is 8 – 9 hours long, with approx. 6 – 7 hours of skating on natural ice either in the Stockholm archipelago or on one of Stockholm’s big lakes. During the tour, you make a stop somewhere sheltered and scenic for a well-earned picnic lunch. There is an open fire, our classic outdoor lunch with grilled hotdogs and hot drinks on offer. Hopefully, there’s some good banter and laughter with your new skating buddies too! Once lunch is finished, there is more time to enjoy the ice with renewed energy before driving back to the city.
If one day of ice skating on natural ice isn’t long enough for you, then take a look at our ever-popular Three-Day Swedish Skating Adventure!
Good to Know
- The tour starts at 08:00 at our Adventure Café in the city centre.
CHECK IN time is 15 minutes prior to tour departure. Arriving at departure time or afterwards will likely result in you missing your tour.
- This tour is designed for people with experience ice skating. If you are a beginner or need a refresher, take a look at our Introduction to Ice Skating Tour.
- If the guide considers that you cannot keep up with the experience and the pace of the group you will be ask to step aside.
- We plan every ice skating tour carefully with our expert local knowledge and the most up-to-date ice reports to ensure we skate on the best natural ice for the day. This means that, depending on the weather conditions, the location of our adventure and the skating conditions may vary. We could go to a small lake, to Lake Mälaren (the fifth-largest lake in Europe) or to the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s archipelago — we won’t know until that day. One thing we do know for sure is it’ll be a great experience!
- The safety equipment you skate with weighs approximately 8 kg.
- Guided language: English.
- Included meal: classic outdoor lunch and open fire with sausages.
- Minimum age (open tour only): 18 years old.
- No minimum age on private tours.
- Maximum weight: 130 kg.
- The transport to the starting point will either be by private minivan or by public transport depending on the size of the group and the ice/weather conditions.
- When you book, you will receive a list of suggestions on how to dress for the day.
- If we do not meet the minimum number required for the tour, we will offer you an alternative date or tour, or a full refund.
Book Directly with Us
- INSTANT CONFIRMATION!
- NO cancellation fees (cancel up to 24h in advance for a full refund).