Enjoy your own personal three-day Swedish skating adventure! Each day, we skate on the best natural ice within a 350-km radius of Stockholm.
Skates, boots, backpacks (including safety equipment — we use the best quality equipment on the market!), transport from central Stockholm (and throughout the tour), accommodations, meal
- Up to 7 people All ages
- Up to 12 people All ages
- Extra Adult From 18 years old
Your Very Own Skating Weekend!
If you are an experienced ice skater, love the idea of getting some kilometres under your blades, but cannot commit to a three-day adventure, then hire your own private guide so you can enjoy a two-day Swedish skating adventure! Each day, we skate on the best natural ice within a 350-km radius of Stockholm. Within this vast area are three of Europe’s five largest lakes (Vänern, Vättern and Mälaren) and the Stockholm archipelago in the Baltic sea (yes, that freezes too!). It’s a truly unique weekend break that none of you will ever forget!
- Experience the thrill and satisfaction of long-distance ice skating on natural ice.
- Ice skate on a series of small lakes, Lake Mälaren (the fifth-largest lake in Europe) and/or the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s Archipelago.
- Spend a few days in the great outdoors surrounded by breathtaking scenery.
- Knowledgeable and experienced English-speaking guides
- Excellent, high-quality equipment
- Accommodation in first-class country-style hotels, guesthouses and castles (often with saunas)
- Delicious meals included
- Transportation throughout the weekend
Note: You must be a party of two to book a double room. If you are a single traveller, you must book a single room. There is no triple room option. When you book, you will receive a list of suggestions on how to dress and what to pack.
- Thursday or Friday – arrival day and you can choose to stay at:
- Friday or Saturday morning – you are picked up early from your arrival hotel to make the most of the daylight hours; we intend to enjoy a full day ice skating. You stay in a first-class country-style guesthouse somewhere close to where you have been skating.
- Saturday or Sunday – enjoy a full day ice skating before being dropped off either at Arlanda airport or in the city. If you are leaving on the last day of the tour, please book a flight after 19:00 (contact us if you have any doubts or questions).
Should you wish to stay longer, please select extra nights when making your booking.
Before the adventure begins, your expert guide briefs you on the tour and the safety equipment. Once you are well equipped, you drive to the best ice for the day in some of Stockholm’s beautiful surroundings.
The weather, ice conditions and skills of your group impact the distance you cover throughout the weekend, but be prepared to skate up to 80 km per day when conditions are good.
The days are packed full of breathtaking scenery, some of the best natural ice and skating conditions for nordic skating in the world, and much fun and joviality as you get to know your guide. The evenings promise to be just as enjoyable as the days, albeit with a slightly slower tempo, as you enjoy great food, good banter about the day’s activities and the opportunity to unwind in the sauna and at the bar. We always stay in first-class country-style hotels and guesthouses that are of a high standard and have plenty of charm and character.
Good to Know
- Although this is your own personal tour and will be tailored to your level of ice skating, we highly recommend you have experience skating and feel comfortable with the idea of skating 6 – 8 hours a day.
- We recommend an early start every day so we can make the most of the daylight hours.
- We plan every ice skating tour carefully with our expert local knowledge and the most up-to-date ice reports to ensure we skate on the best natural ice for the day. This means that, depending on the weather conditions, the location of our adventure and the skating conditions may vary. We could go to a small lake, to Lake Mälaren (the fifth-largest lake in Europe) or to the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s archipelago — we won’t know until that day. One thing we do know for sure is it’ll be a great experience!
- The safety equipment you skate with weighs approximately 8 kg.
- There is no triple room option.
- If you’d like more than two days, take a look at or our Three-Day Private Swedish Skating Adventure.
Book Directly with Us
- INSTANT CONFIRMATION!
- NO cancellation fees (cancel up to 7 days in advance for a full refund).