Enjoy your own personal three-day Swedish skating adventure! Each day, we skate on the best natural ice within a 350-km radius of Stockholm.
Two-Day Private Swedish Skating Adventure
Skates, boots, backpacks (including safety equipment — we use the best quality equipment on the market!), transport from central Stockholm (and throughout the tour), accommodations, meal
- Up to 7 people All ages
Your Very Own Skating Weekend!
If you are an experienced ice skater, love the idea of getting some kilometres under your blades, but cannot commit to a three-day adventure, then hire your own private guide so you can enjoy a two-day Swedish skating adventure! Each day, we skate on the best natural ice within a 350-km radius of Stockholm. Within this vast area are three of Europe’s five largest lakes (Vänern, Vättern and Mälaren) and the Stockholm archipelago in the Baltic sea (yes, that freezes too!). It’s a truly unique weekend break that none of you will ever forget!
- Experience the thrill and satisfaction of long-distance ice skating on natural ice.
- Ice skate on a series of small lakes, Lake Mälaren (the fifth-largest lake in Europe) and/or the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s Archipelago.
- Spend a few days in the great outdoors surrounded by breathtaking scenery.
- Knowledgeable and experienced English-speaking guides.
- Excellent, high-quality equipment.
- Accommodation in first-class country-style hotels, guesthouses and castles (often with saunas).
- Delicious meals included.
- Transportation throughout the weekend.
- Thursday or Friday – arrival day and you can choose to stay at:
- The Best Western Park Arlanda Hotel at Arlanda Airport – This is a good option if you are arriving late in Stockholm.
- The Best Western Bentleys Hotel in the city centre – This is a good option if you are arriving early in Stockholm and would like to see some of the city.
- Friday or Saturday morning – you are picked up early from your arrival hotel to make the most of the daylight hours; we intend to enjoy a full day ice skating. You stay in a first-class country-style guesthouse somewhere close to where you have been skating.
- Saturday or Sunday – enjoy a full day ice skating before being dropped off either at Arlanda airport or in the city. If you are leaving on the last day of the tour, please book a flight after 19:00 (contact us if you have any doubts or questions).
Before the adventure begins, your expert guide briefs you on the tour and the safety equipment. Once you are well equipped, you drive to the best ice for the day in some of Stockholm’s beautiful surroundings.
The weather, ice conditions and skills of your group impact the distance you cover throughout the weekend, but be prepared to skate up to 80 km per day when conditions are good.
The days are packed full of breathtaking scenery, some of the best natural ice and skating conditions for nordic skating in the world, and much fun and joviality as you get to know your guide. The evenings promise to be just as enjoyable as the days, albeit with a slightly slower tempo, as you enjoy great food, good banter about the day’s activities and the opportunity to unwind in the sauna and at the bar. We always stay in first-class country-style hotels and guesthouses that are of a high standard and have plenty of charm and character.
Good to Know
- Although this is your own personal tour and will be tailored to your level of ice skating, we highly recommend you have experience skating and feel comfortable with skating 6-8 hours a day.
- We recommend an early start every day so we can make the most of the daylight hours.
- We plan every ice skating tour carefully with our expert local knowledge and the most up to date ice reports to ensure we skate on the best natural ice for the day. This means that, depending on the weather conditions, the location of our adventure and the skating conditions may vary. We could go to a small lake, to Lake Mälaren (the 5th largest lake in Europe) or to the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s archipelago – we won’t know until that day. One thing we do know for sure is, it’ll be a great experience!
- The safety equipment you skate with weighs approximately 8kg.
- Meals included, except for arrival day and dinner on departure day.
- The starting price assumes you are staying at The Best Western Park Arlanda Hotel on the arrival day, and will be sharing rooms. If you’d like to stay at The Best Western Bentleys Hotel on your arrival day you need to upgrade and those of you who wish to have a single room should upgrade to a single room.
- Transfer included from the airport to the hotel if staying at The Best Western Park Arlanda. You must provide your flight number if you would like to receive the transfer.
- There is no triple room option.
- No minimum age on private tours.
- Maximum weight: 130 kg.
- If you’d like more than two days, take a look at or our Three-Day Private Swedish Skating Adventure.
Book Directly with Us
- INSTANT CONFIRMATION!
- NO cancellation fees (cancel up to 7 days in advance for a full refund).