If you are a confident skater and have previous experience ice skating either on natural ice, ovals, rinks, inline skating or cross country skiing skating-style, this is the perfect winter day tour for you! Here in Stockholm, we have some of the best natural ice in the world.
Three-Day Swedish Skating Adventure
Skates, boots, backpacks (including safety equipment — we use the best quality equipment on the market!), transport from central Stockholm (and throughout the tour), accommodations, meals
- Single Room Up to 1 person | From 18 years old
- Double Room Up to 2 people | From 18 years old
Multi-Day Nordic Skating Tour on Natural Ice
If you are an experienced ice skater and you love the idea of getting some kilometres under your blades, then join us on our three-day Swedish skating adventure and you will not be disappointed! Each day, we skate on the best natural ice within a 350-km radius of Stockholm. Within this vast area are three of Europe’s five largest lakes (Vänern, Vättern and Mälaren) and the Stockholm archipelago in the Baltic sea (yes, that freezes too!).
- Experience the thrill and satisfaction of long-distance ice skating on natural ice.
- Ice skate on a series of small lakes, Lake Mälaren (the 5th largest lake in Europe) and/or the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s Archipelago.
- Spend a few days in the great outdoors surrounded by breathtaking scenery.
- Knowledgeable & experienced English-speaking guides.
- Excellent, high-quality equipment.
- Skating in subgroups of 10 participants per guide.
- Accommodation in First Class Country Style Hotels, Guesthouses & Castles (often with saunas).
- Delicious meals included.
- Transportation throughout the entire adventure.
- Thursday – arrival day and you can choose to stay at:
- The Best Western Park Arlanda Hotel at Arlanda Airport – This is a good option if you are arriving late in Stockholm.
- The Best Western Bentleys Hotel in the city centre – This is a good option if you are arriving early in Stockholm and would like to see some of the city.
- Friday morning – we pick you up early (from your arrival hotel) for a full day ice skating. That night you stay in a first-class country-style guesthouse on the route.
- Saturday – full day ice skating and another night in a first-class country-style guesthouse on the route.
- Sunday – full day ice skating then drop off either at the airport or in the city. If you are leaving the day the tour ends, please do not book a flight before 19:00 (if in doubt, please ask us).
Should you wish to add pre/post tour nights, please email us with your booking number and we can quote/book this for you.
We have 3 weekends set for our open/scheduled Swedish Skating Adventure 2024
- We have 3 weekends set for our open/scheduled Swedish Skating Adventure 2022:
- 27 January arrival, ice skating 28, 29 and 30 January 2022
- 3 February arrival, ice skating 4, 5, 6 February 2022
- 10 February arrival, ice skating 11, 12, 13 February 2022
- 26 January arrival, ice skating 25, 26 and 27 January 2024
- 1 February arrival, ice skating 2, 3, 4 February 2024
- 8 February arrival, ice skating 7,10, 11 February 2024
- 15 February arrival, ice skating 16, 17, 18 February 2024
Before the adventure begins your expert guides will brief you on the tour and the safety equipment. Once you are well equipped you will drive to the best ice for the day in some of Stockholm’s beautiful surroundings.
You will be split into sub groups, each group with an experienced guide, to keep skaters of similar abilities and expectations together. You will ice skate all day in your sub group, but come evening you will be reunited back at the hotels and guesthouses with the rest of the group.
The weather, ice conditions and skills of your sub group will impact on the distance you cover throughout the weekend, but be prepared to skate up to 80 km per day when conditions are good.
The days will be packed full of breath taking scenery, some of the best natural ice and skating conditions for nordic skating in the world, and much fun and joviality as you get to know your fellow ice skaters. The evenings promise to be just as enjoyable as the days, albeit with a slightly slower tempo, as you enjoy great food, good banter about the days activities and the opportunity to unwind in the sauna and at the bar. We always stay in first class country style hotels and guesthouses that are of a high standard and have plenty of charm and character.
Good to Know
- You should be an experienced ice skater and be physically able to skate for 6-8 hours every day if you would like to join this tour.
- If you are an inexperienced skater you should look at our open day tour ‘An Introduction to Ice Skating Tour’ or 2 and 3 Day ‘PRIVATE Swedish Skating Adventures’.
- It’s an early start every day as we want to make the most of the daylight hours.
- We plan every ice skating tour carefully with our expert local knowledge and the most up to date ice reports to ensure we skate on the best natural ice for the day. This means that, depending on the weather conditions, the location of our adventure and the skating conditions may vary. We could go to a small lake, to Lake Mälaren (the 5th largest lake in Europe) or to the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s archipelago – we won’t know until that day. One thing we do know for sure is, it’ll be a great experience!
- The safety equipment you skate with weighs approximately 8kg.
- Guided language: English.
- Price for 3 days:
- Arrival night at The Best Western Park Arlanda (Airport) – 11990 SEK pp (based on 2 adults sharing a double room), 13890 SEK pp (single room)
- Arrival night at The Best Western Bentleys (City Centre) – 13190 SEK pp (based on 2 adults sharing a double room), 15190 SEK pp (single room)
- There is no triple room option.
- You must be a party of two to book a double room.
- If you are a single traveller, you must book a single room.
- Transfer included from the airport to the hotel if staying at The Best Western Park Arlanda. You must provide your flight number if you would like to receive the transfer.
- Meals included, except for arrival day and dinner on departure day.
- Minimum age (public tour only): 18 years old.
- No minimum age on private tours.
- Maximum weight: 130 kg.
- If we do not meet the minimum number required for the tour, we will offer you an alternative date or tour, or a full refund.
Book Directly with Us
- INSTANT CONFIRMATION!
- NO cancellation fees (cancel up to 7 days in advance for a full refund).