If you have experience skating either on natural ice or on ovals and rinks, this is the winter day tour for you! Here in Stockholm, we have some of the best natural ice in the world.
Three-Day Swedish Skating Adventure
Skates, boots, backpacks (including safety equipment — we use the best quality equipment on the market!), transport from central Stockholm (and throughout the tour), accommodations, meals
- Single Room Up to 1 person | From 18 years old
- Double Room Up to 2 people | From 18 years old
Multi-Day Nordic Skating Tour on Natural Ice
If you are an experienced ice skater and you love the idea of getting some kilometres under your blades, then join us on our three-day Swedish skating adventure and you will not be disappointed! Each day, we skate on the best natural ice within a 350-km radius of Stockholm. Within this vast area are three of Europe’s five largest lakes (Vänern, Vättern and Mälaren) and the Stockholm archipelago in the Baltic sea (yes, that freezes too!).
- Experience the thrill and satisfaction of long-distance ice skating on natural ice.
- Ice skate on a series of small lakes, Lake Mälaren (the 5th largest lake in Europe) and/or the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s Archipelago.
- Spend a few days in the great outdoors surrounded by breathtaking scenery.
- Knowledgeable & experienced English-speaking guides.
- Excellent, high-quality equipment.
- Skating in subgroups of 10 participants per guide.
- Accommodation in First Class Country Style Hotels, Guesthouses & Castles (often with saunas).
- Delicious meals included.
- Transportation throughout the entire adventure.
- Thursday – is an arrival day and you can choose to either stay at:
- Friday morning – you will be picked up early from your arrival hotel to make the most of the daylight hours, we intend to enjoy a full day ice skating. Friday night you will stay in a first-class country-style guesthouse somewhere close to where you have been skating.
- Saturday – enjoy a full day ice skating and another night in a first-class country-style guesthouse on the skating route.
- Sunday – enjoy a full day ice skating before being dropped off either at Arlanda airport or in the city. If you are leaving on the last day of the tour please book a flight after 19:00 (contact us if you have any doubts or questions).
Should you wish to stay in Stockholm longer, please select extra nights (pre tour or post tour) when making your booking.
We have 3 weekends set for our open/scheduled Swedish Skating Adventure 2023
- We have 3 weekends set for our open/scheduled Swedish Skating Adventure 2022:
- 27 January arrival, ice skating 28, 29 and 30 January 2022
- 3 February arrival, ice skating 4, 5, 6 February 2022
- 10 February arrival, ice skating 11, 12, 13 February 2022
- 26 January arrival, ice skating 27, 28 and 29 January 2023
- 2 February arrival, ice skating 3, 4, 5 February 2023
- 9 February arrival, ice skating 10,11, 12 February 2023
Before the adventure begins your expert guides will brief you on the tour and the safety equipment. Once you are well equipped you will drive to the best ice for the day in some of Stockholm’s beautiful surroundings.
You will be split into sub groups, each group with an experienced guide, to keep skaters of similar abilities and expectations together. You will ice skate all day in your sub group, but come evening you will be reunited back at the hotels and guesthouses with the rest of the group.
The weather, ice conditions and skills of your sub group will impact on the distance you cover throughout the weekend, but be prepared to skate up to 80 km per day when conditions are good.
The days will be packed full of breath taking scenery, some of the best natural ice and skating conditions for nordic skating in the world, and much fun and joviality as you get to know your fellow ice skaters. The evenings promise to be just as enjoyable as the days, albeit with a slightly slower tempo, as you enjoy great food, good banter about the days activities and the opportunity to unwind in the sauna and at the bar. We always stay in first class country style hotels and guesthouses that are of a high standard and have plenty of charm and character.
Good to Know
- You should be an experienced ice skater and be physically able to skate for 6-8 hours every day if you would like to join this tour.
- If you are an inexperienced skater you should look at our open day tour ‘An Introduction to Ice Skating Tour’ or 2 and 3 Day ‘PRIVATE Swedish Skating Adventures’.
- It’s an early start every day as we want to make the most of the daylight hours.
- We plan every ice skating tour carefully with our expert local knowledge and the most up to date ice reports to ensure we skate on the best natural ice for the day. This means that, depending on the weather conditions, the location of our adventure and the skating conditions may vary. We could go to a small lake, to Lake Mälaren (the 5th largest lake in Europe) or to the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s archipelago – we won’t know until that day. One thing we do know for sure is, it’ll be a great experience!
- The safety equipment you skate with weighs approximately 8kg.
- Guided language: English.
- Price for 3 days:
- Arrival night at Arlanda Airport– 10390 SEK pp (based on 2 adults sharing a double room), 12290 SEK pp (single room)
- Arrival night at The Royal Viking– 11490 SEK pp (based on 2 adults sharing a double room), 13390 SEK pp (single room)
- There is no triple room option.
- You must be a party of two to book a double room.
- If you are a single traveller, you must book a single room.
- Meals included, except for arrival day and dinner on departure day.
- Minimum age: 18 years old.
- Maximum weight: 130 kg.
- If we do not meet the minimum number required for the tour, we will offer you an alternative date or tour, or a full refund.
Book Directly with Us
- INSTANT CONFIRMATION!
- NO cancellation fees (cancel up to 7 days in advance for a full refund).
- You will be expected (and reminded by your guide) to remain vigilant with your social distance throughout the tour.
- All equipment will be disinfected/steam cleaned after use, ensuring it is clean for the next tour.
- Your guide will have hand sanitiser with them for you to use upon request.
- With the exception of the transportation and guesthouse/hotel stays, this is an outdoor activity.
- You are encouraged to wear a face mask whilst being transported to the ice and back again.
- All the food served on this tour is freshly prepared under strict hygiene conditions.
- All employees receive daily wellness checks to ensure they are healthy and symptom free. If you or any other guests are experiencing symptoms, we will ensure you are able to reschedule or cancel your activity.
- If you still have concerns, perhaps a private tour is the best option for you? Contact us if you have further questions.