Whether you’ve never skated before or you’re all quite the pros, why not get your own private guide so you can play around on the ice by yourselves?!
An Introduction to Ice Skating Tour
Skates, boots, backpacks (including safety equipment — we use the best quality equipment on the market!), classic outdoor lunch, transport from central Stockholm to/from the ice
- Adult From 18 years old
- Youth From 15 to 17 years old
Learn Nordic Skating on Natural Ice!
If you’ve never been on a pair of ice skates before, then Stockholm is one of the best places to try! Join us for a very Swedish winter adventure: nordic skating on natural ice. The sensation of gliding over great expanses of natural ice surrounded by forest is a truly unique and unforgettable experience!
If you have knowledge of ice skating, A Day on the Ice Guided Tour may be a better tour choice for you.
- Learn how to Nordic skate with a local expert guide.
- Experience the thrill of ice skating on natural ice surrounded by breathtaking scenery.
- Ice skate either on a small lake, Lake Mälaren (the fifth-largest lake in Europe) or the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s Archipelago.
- Knowledgeable and experienced English-speaking ice guides.
- Excellent, high-quality equipment (all included).
- Small groups; minimum 2 participants / maximum of 10 participants per guide.
- Delicious classic outdoor lunch around an open fire.
- Pick-up and drop-off from the city centre included.
It’s an early start so as to make the most of the daylight hours, meeting your guide and the rest of your group at our Adventure Café. Your guide gives you a brief on the tour ahead and the safety equipment you will skate with before driving you out of the city to the best ice for the day, somewhere in the outstandingly beautiful natural surroundings of Stockholm.
Your expert guide trains you on the best Nordic skating techniques in order to help you glide over the ice easily. There are some fun practice exercises to aid your learning and perfect those techniques before setting off on your adventure!
The main focus of this tour is to learn how to Nordic skate, to enjoy the beautiful scenery and to have lots of fun!
The tour is 5 – 6 hours long, with approx. 3 – 4 hours of skating on natural ice either in the Stockholm archipelago or on one of Stockholm’s big lakes. During the tour, you make a stop somewhere sheltered and scenic for a well-earned picnic lunch. There is an open fire, our classic outdoor lunch with grilled hotdogs and hot drinks on offer. Hopefully, there’s some good banter and laughter with your new skating buddies too! Once lunch is finished, there is more time to enjoy the ice with renewed energy before driving back to the city.
Good to Know
- The tour starts at 08:00 at our Adventure Café in the city centre.
- This tour is designed for beginners or people who haven’t ice skated for a while and feel in need of a refresher! If you are an experienced skater, then a better choice for you could be A Day on the Ice Guided Tour.
- We plan every ice skating tour carefully with our expert local knowledge and the most up-to-date ice reports to ensure we skate on the best natural ice for the day. This means that, depending on the weather conditions, the location of our adventure and the skating conditions may vary. We could go to a small lake, to Lake Mälaren (the fifth-largest lake in Europe) or to the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s archipelago — we won’t know until that day. One thing we do know for sure is it’ll be a great experience!
- The safety equipment you skate with weighs approximately 8 kg.
- Guided language: English.
- We provide Skates, Boots, Backpacks (including Safety Equipment) – we use the best quality equipment on the market!
- Included meal: Classic outdoor lunch & open fire.
- Minimum age: 15 years old. ALL YOUTHS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT.
- The transport to the starting point will either be by private minivan or by public transport depending on the size of the group and the ice/weather conditions.
- When you book, you will receive a list of suggestions on how to dress for the day.
- If we do not meet the minimum number required for the tour, we will offer you an alternative date or tour, or a full refund.
Book Directly with Us
- INSTANT CONFIRMATION!
- NO cancellation fees (cancel up to 24 h in advance for a full refund).
- You will be expected (and reminded by your guide) to remain vigilant with your social distance throughout the tour.
- All equipment will be disinfected/steam cleaned after use, ensuring it is clean for the next tour.
- Your guide will have hand sanitiser with them for you to use upon request.
- With the exception of the transportation, this is a small group outdoor activity.
- You are encouraged to wear a face mask whilst being transported from our Adventure Cafe to the ice and back again.
- The food served on this tour is freshly prepared by one person under strict hygiene conditions, packed into your personal backpack prior to departure and will be eaten outdoors. No other persons will be in contact with your food.
- All employees receive daily wellness checks to ensure they are healthy and symptom free. If you or any other guests are experiencing symptoms, we will ensure you are able to reschedule or cancel your activity.
- If you still have concerns, perhaps a private tour is the best option for you? Contact us if you have further questions.