If you love ice skating, you should join us on our three-day Swedish skating adventure! With hundreds of lakes and the Baltic Sea nearby, Stockholm has the best natural ice in the world!
Three-Day Private Swedish Skating Adventure
Skates, boots, backpacks (including safety equipment — we use the best quality equipment on the market!), transport from central Stockholm (and throughout the tour), accommodations, meals
- Up to 7 people All Ages
- Up to 9 people All Ages
- Up to 12 people All Ages
- Extra Adult All ages
Your Own Personal Skating Experience!
If you are an experienced ice skater and you love the idea of getting some kilometres under your blades, then why not hire your own private guide so you can enjoy your own personal three-day Swedish skating adventure? Each day we will skate on the best natural ice within a 350-km radius of Stockholm. Within this vast area are three of Europe’s 5 largest lakes (Vänern, Vättern and Mälaren) and the Stockholm archipelago in the Baltic sea (yes that freezes too!). It will be a truly unique experience that none of you will ever forget!
- Experience the thrill and satisfaction of long-distance ice skating on natural ice.
- Ice skate on a series of small lakes, Lake Mälaren (the 5th largest lake in Europe) and/or the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s Archipelago.
- Spend a few days in the great outdoors surrounded by breathtaking scenery.
- Knowledgeable & experienced English-speaking guides.
- Excellent, high-quality equipment.
- Accommodation in First Class Country Style Hotels, Guesthouses & Castles (often with saunas).
- Delicious meals included.
- Transportation throughout the weekend.
- Thursday – arrival day and you can choose to stay at:
- The Best Western Park Arlanda Hotel at Arlanda Airport – This is a good option if you are arriving late in Stockholm.
- The Best Western Bentleys Hotel in the city centre – This is a good option if you are arriving early in Stockholm and would like to see some of the city.
- Friday morning – we pick you up early (from your arrival hotel) for a full day ice skating. That night you stay in a first-class country-style guesthouse on the route.
- Saturday – full day ice skating and another night in a first-class country-style guesthouse on the route.
- Sunday – full day ice skating then drop off either at the airport or in the city. If you are leaving the day the tour ends, please do not book a flight before 19:00 (if in doubt, please ask us).
Should you wish to add pre/post tour nights, please email us with your booking number and we can quote/book this for you.
Before the adventure begins your expert guide will brief you on the tour and the safety equipment. Once you are well equipped you will drive to the best ice for the day in some of Stockholm’s beautiful surroundings.
The weather, ice conditions and skills of your group will impact on the distance you cover throughout the weekend, but be prepared to skate up to 80 km per day when conditions are good.
The days will be packed full of breathtaking scenery, some of the best natural ice and skating conditions for nordic skating in the world, and much fun and joviality as you get to know your guide. The evenings promise to be just as enjoyable as the days, albeit with a slightly slower tempo, as you enjoy great food, good banter about the day’s activities and the opportunity to unwind in the sauna and at the bar. We always stay in first-class country-style hotels and guesthouses that are of a high standard and have plenty of charm and character.
Good to Know
- Although this is your own personal tour and will be tailored to your level of ice skating, we highly recommend you have experience skating and feel comfortable with skating 6-8 hours a day.
- We recommend an early start every day so we can make the most of the daylight hours.
- We plan every ice skating tour carefully with our expert local knowledge and the most up to date ice reports to ensure we skate on the best natural ice for the day. This means that, depending on the weather conditions, the location of our adventure and the skating conditions may vary. We could go to a small lake, to Lake Mälaren (the 5th largest lake in Europe) or to the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s archipelago – we won’t know until that day. One thing we do know for sure is, it’ll be a great experience!
- The safety equipment you skate with weighs approximately 8kg.
- Meals included, except for arrival day and dinner on departure day.
- The starting price assumes you are staying at The Best Western Park Arlanda Hotel on the arrival day, and will be sharing rooms. If you’d like to stay at The Best Western Bentleys Hotel on your arrival day you need to upgrade and those of you who wish to have a single room should upgrade to a single room.
- Transfer included from the airport to the hotel if staying at The Best Western Park Arlanda. You must provide your flight number if you would like to receive the transfer.
- There is no triple room option.
- No minimum age on private tours.
- Maximum weight: 130 kg.
- If 3 days is a little long for you, take a look at our ‘2 Day Private Swedish Skating Adventure’.
Book Directly with Us
- INSTANT CONFIRMATION!
- NO cancellation fees (cancel up to 7 days in advance for a full refund).