Nordic Skating on Natural Ice – Give it a try!
*We are currently out ice skating almost daily with guests on excellent ice! For regular updates, visit our Facebook page, click here!*
If you’ve never been on a pair of ice skates before, then Stockholm is one of the best places to try! Why not join us for a very Swedish winter adventure; nordic skating on natural ice. The sensation of gliding over great expanses of natural ice surrounded by forest is a truly unique and unforgettable experience!
If you have knowledge of ice skating, ‘A Day on the Ice Guided Tour’ may be a better tour choice for you.
- Learn how to Nordic Skate with a local expert guide
- Enjoy the thrill of ice skating on natural ice surrounded by breathtaking scenery
- Ice skate either on a small lake, Lake Mälaren (the 5th largest lake in Europe) or the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s Archipelago
- Knowledgeable & experienced English-speaking ice guides
- Excellent, high quality equipment (all inclusive)
- Small group tours, max 10 participants per guide
- Delicious Classic Outdoor Lunch around an open fire
- Pick up & drop off from the city centre included
It’s an early start, so as to make the most of the daylight hours, meeting your guide and the rest of your group at our Adventure Café. Your guide will give you a brief on the tour ahead and an introduction to the safety equipment, before driving you out of the city to the best ice for the day somewhere in the outstandingly beautiful natural surroundings of Stockholm.
Your expert guide will train you on the best nordic skating techniques in order to help you glide over the ice easily. There will be some fun practice exercises to aid your learning and perfect those techniques before setting off on your adventure!
The main focus of this tour is to learn how to nordic skate, to enjoy the beautiful scenery and to have lots of fun!
The tour is 5-6 hours long, with approx. 3-4 hours of skating on natural ice either in the Stockholm archipelago or on one of Stockholm’s big lakes. During the tour you will make a stop somewhere sheltered and scenic for a well-earned picnic lunch. There will be an open fire, our classic outdoor lunch and hot drinks on offer. Hopefully, some good banter and laughter with your new skating buddies too! Once lunch is finished there will be more time to enjoy the ice with your renewed energy, before driving back to the city.
Good to Know
- The tour starts 08:00 at our Adventure Café in the city centre.
- This Tour is designed for beginners, or people who haven’t ice skated for a while and feel in need of a refresher! If you are an experienced skater then a better choice for you could be – ‘A Day on the Ice Guided Tour’.
- We plan every ice skating tour carefully with our expert local knowledge and the most up to date ice reports to ensure we skate on the best natural ice for the day. This means that, depending on the weather conditions, the location of our adventure and the skating conditions may vary. We could go to a small lake, to Lake Mälaren (the 5th largest lake in Europe) or to the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s archipelago – we won’t know until that day. One thing we do know for sure is, it’ll be a great experience!
- The safety equipment you skate with weighs approximately 8kg.
Book directly with us
- INSTANT CONFIRMATION!
- NO booking fees.
- NO cancellation fees (cancel up to 24h in advance for a full refund).
See our full list of reasons to book directly with us, click here.