A Day Nordic Skating on Natural Ice
*We are currently out ice skating almost daily with guests on excellent ice! For regular updates, visit our Facebook page, click here!*
If you have experience skating either on natural ice or on ovals and rinks, or with inline skates or cross country skiing “skating style”, this is the winter day tour for you! Here in Stockholm we have some of the best natural ice in the world! It’s such a thrilling sensation gliding over the ice surrounded by the nature and joining this day tour will be a truly unique and unforgettable experience!
If you’re not experienced or need a refresher, take a look at our ‘Introduction to Ice Skating Tour’.
- Practice and improve your ice skating techniques
- Enjoy the thrill of ice skating on natural ice surrounded by breathtaking scenery
- Ice skate either on a small lake, Lake Mälaren (the 5th largest lake in Europe) or the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s Archipelago
- Spend the day surrounded by breathtaking scenery
- Knowledgeable & experienced English-speaking ice guides
- Excellent, high quality equipment (all inclusive)
- Small group tours, max 10 participants per guide
- Delicious Classic Outdoor Lunch around an open fire
- Pick up & drop off from the city centre included
It’s an early start, so as to make the most of the daylight hours, meeting your guide and the rest of your group at our Adventure Café. Your guide will give you a brief on the tour ahead and the safety equipment you will skate with, before driving you out of the city to the best ice for the day somewhere in the outstandingly beautiful natural surroundings of Stockholm.
This tour will take a fairly high tempo and focus on getting a good distance under your skates. Depending on the weather, ice conditions and competency of your group, you could cover up to 70km during the day.
Your guide will be happy to offer tips and advice in order to help you fine-tune the ice skating skills you already possess, so as to help you evolve as a Nordic Skater and get a sense of achievement out of the day.
The tour is 8-9 hours long, with approx. 6-7 hours of skating on natural ice either in the Stockholm archipelago or on one of Stockholm’s big lakes. During the tour you will make a stop somewhere sheltered and scenic for a well-earned picnic lunch. There will be an open fire, our classic outdoor lunch and hot drinks on offer. Hopefully, some good banter and laughter with your new skating buddies too! Once lunch is finished there will be more time to enjoy the ice with your renewed energy, before driving back to the city.
If one day of ice skating on natural ice isn’t long enough for you, then take a look at our ever-popular ‘3 Day Swedish Skating Adventure’!
Good to Know
- The tour starts 08:00 at our Adventure Café in the city centre.
- This Tour is designed for people with experience Ice Skating. If you are a beginner or need a refresher, take a look at our ‘Introduction to Ice Skating Tour’.
- We plan every ice skating tour carefully with our expert local knowledge and the most up to date ice reports to ensure we skate on the best natural ice for the day. This means that, depending on the weather conditions, the location of our adventure and the skating conditions may vary. We could go to a small lake, to Lake Mälaren (the 5th largest lake in Europe) or to the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s archipelago – we won’t know until that day. One thing we do know for sure is, it’ll be a great experience!
- The safety equipment you skate with weighs approximately 8kg.
Book directly with us
- INSTANT CONFIRMATION!
- NO booking fees.
- NO cancellation fees (cancel up to 24h in advance for a full refund).
See our full list of reasons to book directly with us, click here.