YOUR VERY OWN SKATING EXPERIENCE!
*Price from: 84000 SEK (for up to 7 persons)*
If you have experience ice skating and you absolutely love it, why not get your own private guide so you can go on your very own 3 day Swedish Skating Adventure and play around on the ice everyday by yourselves?! We will skate on the best natural ice each day; in an area of approximately 350 km around Stockholm. Within that area there are 3 of Europe’s 5 largest lakes (Vänern, Vättern and Mälaren) and Stockholm’s Archipelago in the Baltic sea. Only a few countries in the world can offer such a fantastic environment for ice skating as Sweden. It’s a truly unique experience that none of you will ever forget!
- Further your Ice Skating techniques
- Experience the thrill of Ice Skating on natural ice with your own personal guide
- Ice Skate either on a small lake, Lake Mälaren (the 5th largest lake in Europe) or the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s Archipelago
- Spend a few days surrounded by breathtaking scenery
- Knowledgeable & experienced English-speaking guides
- Top quality equipment
- Stay in first class country style Hotels and Guesthouses (often with saunas)
- Delicious meals included
- Pick up & drop off from the city included
- Transport on hand throughout the entire adventure
- Thursday/Friday – is an arrival day and you can choose to either stay at:
- Arlanda Airport – This is a good option if you are arriving late to Stockholm.
- The Royal Viking (downtown/city) – This is a good option if you are arriving early to Stockholm and would like to see some of the city.
- Friday/Saturday morning – we will pick you up early (from either The Viking or Arlanda Airport) and we will all head out for a full day ice skating. That night we will stay in a first class country style guesthouse.
- Saturday/Sunday – full day ice skating and another night in a first class country style guesthouse.
- Sunday/Monday – full day ice skating. If you are leaving the day the tour ends, please do not book a flight before 19:00 (if in doubt please ask us).
Should you wish to stay longer, please let us know at the time of booking.
Before you head off in search of adventure your experienced guide will brief you on the tour and the safety equipment first off, then once you are fitted with your nordic skates and equipment, you will head out to the best ice and the most beautiful surroundings that Stockholm has to offer.
Your guide will coach you on the best techniques for gliding easily over the ice, so as to learn/brush up on/perfect your nordic skating techniques before setting off on your adventure! You will skate all day with your sub group, but meet the rest of the group in the evenings at the hotels & guesthouses.
Depending on the weather, ice conditions and the skills of your group, you will cover anything between 20 and 80 km per day.
The days will be full of beautiful scenery, some of the best natural ice and skating conditions for nordic skating in the world, and lots of fun and exhileration as you skate alongside your friends. The evenings promise to be just as enjoyable as the days, with good food, fun chatter about the days activities and the chance to relax in the sauna. We stay in first class country style hotels and guesthouses that are high in quality, charm and character.
Good to Know
- Although this is your own personal tour and will be tailored to your level of ice skating, we highly recommend you have experience skating and feel comfortable with the idea of skating 6-8 hours a day.
- We recommend an early start every day so we can make the most of the daylight hours.
- We always strive to find the best natural ice on the day of your tour. This means that, depending on the weather conditions, the location of our adventure and the skating conditions may vary. We could go to a small lake, to Lake Mälaren (the 5th largest lake in Europe) or to the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s Archipelago – we won’t know until that day. We skate on all types of natural ice; from hard black ice, to ice with water or snow on top. One thing we do know for sure, is it’ll be a great experience!
- The safety equipment you skate with weighs approximately 8kg.
- Price for 3 days:
- Arrival night at Arlanda Airport – 8690 SEK pp (based on 2 adults sharing a double room), 10190 SEK (single room)
- Arrival night at The Royal Viking – 9490 SEK pp (based on 2 adults sharing a double room), 10990 SEK (single room)
- You must be a party of 2 to book a double room.
- If you are a single traveller, you must book a single room.
- There is no triple room option.
Book direct with us, we have
- NO hidden extras.
- NO booking fees.
- NO credit card fees.
- NO cancellation fees for cancellations of day tours up to 24 hours prior to departure.
- NO cancellation fees for cancellations of multiday tours up to 7 days prior to departure.
See our full list of reasons to book directly with us, click here.