YOUR OWN PERSONAL SKATING EXPERIENCE!
*We are currently out ice skating almost daily with guests on excellent ice! For regular updates, visit our Facebook page, click here!*
If you are an experience ice skater and you love the idea of getting some kilometres under your blades, then why not hire your own private guide so you can enjoy your own personal 3 Day Swedish Skating Adventure! Each day we will skate on the best natural ice within a 350 km radius of Stockholm. Within this vast area are 3 of Europe’s 5 largest lakes (Vänern, Vättern and Mälaren) and the Stockholm archipelago in the Baltic sea (yes that freezes too!). It will be a truly unique experience that none of you will ever forget!
- Experience the thrill and satisfaction of long distance ice skating on natural ice
- Ice skate on a series of small lakes, Lake Mälaren (the 5th largest lake in Europe) and/or the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s Archipelago
- Spend a few days in the great outdoors surrounded by breathtaking scenery
- Knowledgeable & experienced English-speaking guides
- Excellent, high quality equipment
- Skating in sub groups of 10 participants per guide
- Accommodation in First Class Country Style Hotels, Guesthouses & Castles (often with saunas)
- Delicious meals included
- Transportation throughout the weekend
- Thursday – is an arrival day and you can choose to either stay at:
- Friday morning – you will be picked up early from your arrival hotel to make the most of the daylight hours, we intend to enjoy a full day ice skating. Friday night you will stay in a first class country style guesthouse somewhere close to where you have been skating.
- Saturday – enjoy a full day ice skating and another night in a first class country style guesthouse on the skating route.
- Sunday – enjoy a full day ice skating before being dropped off either at Arlanda airport or in the city. If you are leaving on the last day of the tour please book a flight after 19:00 (contact us if you have any doubts or questions).
Should you wish to stay in Stockholm longer, please select extra nights (pre tour or post tour) when making your booking.
Before the adventure begins your expert guide will brief you on the tour and the safety equipment. Once you are well equipped you will drive to the best ice for the day in some of Stockholm’s beautiful surroundings.
The weather, ice conditions and skills of your group will impact on the distance you cover throughout the weekend, but be prepared to skate up to 80 km per day when conditions are good.
The days will be packed full of breath taking scenery, some of the best natural ice and skating conditions for nordic skating in the world, and much fun and joviality as you get to know your guide. The evenings promise to be just as enjoyable as the days, albeit with a slightly slower tempo, as you enjoy great food, good banter about the days activities and the opportunity to unwind in the sauna and at the bar. We always stay in first class country style hotels and guesthouses that are of a high standard and have plenty of charm and character.
Good to Know
- Although this is your own personal tour and will be tailored to your level of ice skating, we highly recommend you have experience skating and feel comfortable with skating 6-8 hours a day.
- We recommend an early start every day so we can make the most of the daylight hours.
- We plan every ice skating tour carefully with our expert local knowledge and the most up to date ice reports to ensure we skate on the best natural ice for the day. This means that, depending on the weather conditions, the location of our adventure and the skating conditions may vary. We could go to a small lake, to Lake Mälaren (the 5th largest lake in Europe) or to the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s archipelago – we won’t know until that day. One thing we do know for sure is, it’ll be a great experience!
- The safety equipment you skate with weighs approximately 8kg.
- There is no triple room option.
- If 3 days is a little long for you, take a look at our ‘2 Day Private Swedish Skating Adventure’.
Get a Quote!
Book directly with us
- INSTANT CONFIRMATION!
- NO booking fees.
- NO cancellation fees (cancel up to 7 days in advance for a full refund).
See our full list of reasons to book directly with us, click here.