Nordic Skating on Natural Ice Multi Day Tour
*Price from: 9790 SEK*
*January – March 2020*
If you have experience ice skating and you absolutely love it, then join us on our 3 Day Swedish Skating Adventure! We will skate on the best natural ice each day; in an area of approximately 350 km around Stockholm. Within this area are 3 of Europe’s 5 largest lakes (Vänern, Vättern and Mälaren) and Stockholm’s archipelago in the Baltic sea.
- Experience the thrill of long distance ice skating on natural ice
- Ice skate either on a small lake, Lake Mälaren (the 5th largest lake in Europe) or the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s Archipelago
- Spend a few days surrounded by breathtaking scenery
- Knowledgeable & experienced English-speaking guides
- Top quality equipment
- Small groups, max 10 participants per guide
- Stay in First Class Country Style Hotels, Guesthouses & Castles (often with saunas)
- Delicious meals included
- Transport throughout the entire adventure
- Thursday – is an arrival day and you can choose to either stay at:
- Friday morning – we will pick you up early (from your arrival hotel) for a full day ice skating. That night you will stay in a first class country style guesthouse on route.
- Saturday – full day ice skating and another night in a first class country style guesthouse on route.
- Sunday – full day ice skating then drop off either at the airport or in the city. If you are leaving the day the tour ends, please do not book a flight before 19:00 (if in doubt please ask us).
Should you wish to stay longer, please select extra nights when making your booking.
- 3 days – 30 January (arrival day), 31 January – 03 February Skating
- 3 days – 6 February (arrival day), 7-9 February Skating
- 3 days – 13 February (arrival day), 14-16 February Skating
- 3 days – 20 February (arrival day), 21-23 February Skating
- 3 days – 27 February (arrival day), 28 February – 2 March Skating
Before you head off in search of adventure your experienced guide will brief you on the tour and the safety equipment and once you are fitted with your nordic skates and equipment, you will head to the best ice and the most beautiful surroundings that Stockholm has to offer.
You will be split into sub groups, each with an expert guide, to ensure you are skating alongside people of a similar ability and with similar expectations. You will skate all day with your sub group, but meet the rest of the group in the evenings at the hotels and guesthouses.
Depending on the weather, ice conditions and the skills of your sub group, you will cover anything between 20 and 80 km per day.
The days will be full of beautiful scenery, some of the best natural ice and skating conditions for nordic skating in the world, and lots of fun and exhileration as you get to know your fellow ice skaters. The evenings promise to be just as enjoyable as the days, with good food, fun chatter about the days activities and the chance to relax in the sauna and at the bar. We stay in first class country style hotels and guesthouses that are high in quality, charm and character.
Good to Know
- You should have experience Ice Skating and be physically able to skate for approximately 6-8 hours a day if you want to join this tour.
- If you are an inexperienced skater you should either take a look at our day tour ‘An Introduction to Ice Skating Tour’ or our 2 and 3 Day ‘PRIVATE Swedish Skating Adventures’.
- We start skating early every day so we can make the most of the daylight hours.
- We plan every ice skating tour carefully with our expert local knowledge and the most up to date ice reports to ensure we skate on the best natural ice for the day. This means that, depending on the weather conditions, the location of our adventure and the skating conditions may vary. We could go to a small lake, to Lake Mälaren (the 5th largest lake in Europe) or to the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s archipelago – we won’t know until that day. One thing we do know for sure is, it’ll be a great experience!
- The safety equipment you skate with weighs approximately 8kg.
- Price for 3 days:
- Arrival night at Arlanda Airport– 9790 SEK pp (based on 2 adults sharing a double room), 11590 SEK pp (single room)
- Arrival night at The Royal Viking– 10790 SEK pp (based on 2 adults sharing a double room), 12590 SEK pp (single room)
- Prices will be going up by 500 SEK pp for bookings made after 18 OCTOBER 2019, so book now to secure your spot & make a saving!
- You must be a party of 2 to book a double room.
- If you are a single traveller, you must book a single room.
- There is no triple room option.
THIS IS OUR MOST POPULAR WINTER TOUR, WITH ALMOST 60% OF OUR GUESTS BEING REPEAT CLIENTS! SO IF YOU ARE KEEN TO JOIN US, DON’T HESITATE, BOOK TODAY!
Some quotes; see more pics and reviews and follow us for fresch updates on our FB page!
”The skating experience on black ice and sunset was amazing! And perfect catered with lodges to stay and terrific guides – all inclusive and nothing missing. We will be back on black” Dutch couple
”The first day we skated 31 kilometers, wind from behind and sun in our eyes – I will never forget the sound of the ice singing as we were flying away. Great group atmosphere” Franz and Sigrid Hamburg
”As a skating fan and enjoying events where the whole family can enjoy – I must say that the “Wikingrun” together with close to 2.000 other skaters was an experience matching our wildest expectations – thanks guys! ” Brower family – Rotterdam
Book directly with us
- INSTANT CONFIRMATION!
- NO booking fees.
- NO cancellation fees (cancel up to 24h in advance for a full refund).
See our full list of reasons to book directly with us, click here.