Multiday Tour Nordic Skating on Natural Ice
*Price from: 9790 SEK*
*January – March 2020*
If you are an experience ice skater and you love the idea of getting some kilometres under your blades, then join us on our 3 Day Swedish Skating Adventure and you will not be disappointed! Each day we will skate on the best natural ice within a 350 km radius of Stockholm. Within this vast area are 3 of Europe’s 5 largest lakes (Vänern, Vättern and Mälaren) and the Stockholm archipelago in the Baltic sea (yes that freezes too!).
- Experience the thrill and satisfaction of long distance ice skating on natural ice
- Ice skate on a series of small lakes, Lake Mälaren (the 5th largest lake in Europe) and/or the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s Archipelago
- Spend a few days in the great outdoors surrounded by breathtaking scenery
- Knowledgeable & experienced English-speaking guides
- Excellent, high quality equipment
- Skating in sub groups of 10 participants per guide
- Accommodation in First Class Country Style Hotels, Guesthouses & Castles (often with saunas)
- Delicious meals included
- Transportation throughout the weekend
- Thursday – is an arrival day and you can choose to either stay at:
- Friday morning – you will be picked up early from your arrival hotel to make the most of the daylight hours, we intend to enjoy a full day ice skating. Friday night you will stay in a first class country style guesthouse somewhere close to where you have been skating.
- Saturday – enjoy a full day ice skating and another night in a first class country style guesthouse on the skating route.
- Sunday – enjoy a full day ice skating before being dropped off either at Arlanda airport or in the city. If you are leaving on the last day of the tour please book a flight after 19:00 (contact us if you have any doubts or questions).
Should you wish to stay in Stockholm longer, please select extra nights (pre tour or post tour) when making your booking.
- 3 days – 30 January (arrival day), 31 January – 03 February Skating – SOLD OUT
- 3 days – 6 February (arrival day), 7-9 February Skating
- 3 days – 13 February (arrival day), 14-16 February Skating
- 3 days – 20 February (arrival day), 21-23 February Skating
- 3 days – 27 February (arrival day), 28 February – 2 March Skating
Before the adventure begins your expert guides will brief you on the tour and the safety equipment. Once you are well equipped you will drive to the best ice for the day in some of Stockholm’s beautiful surroundings.
You will be split into sub groups, each group with an experienced guide, to keep skaters of similar abilities and expectations together. You will ice skate all day in your sub group, but come evening you will be reunited back at the hotels and guesthouses with the rest of the group.
The weather, ice conditions and skills of your sub group will impact on the distance you cover throughout the weekend, but be prepared to skate up to 80 km per day when conditions are good.
The days will be packed full of breath taking scenery, some of the best natural ice and skating conditions for nordic skating in the world, and much fun and joviality as you get to know your fellow ice skaters. The evenings promise to be just as enjoyable as the days, albeit with a slightly slower tempo, as you enjoy great food, good banter about the days activities and the opportunity to unwind in the sauna and at the bar. We always stay in first class country style hotels and guesthouses that are of a high standard and have plenty of charm and character.
Good to Know
- You must be an experienced Ice Skater and be physically able to skate for 6-8 hours every day if you would like to join this tour.
- If you are an inexperienced skater you should look at our open day tour ‘An Introduction to Ice Skating Tour’ or 2 and 3 Day ‘PRIVATE Swedish Skating Adventures’.
- It’s an early start every day as we want to make the most of the daylight hours.
- We plan every ice skating tour carefully with our expert local knowledge and the most up to date ice reports to ensure we skate on the best natural ice for the day. This means that, depending on the weather conditions, the location of our adventure and the skating conditions may vary. We could go to a small lake, to Lake Mälaren (the 5th largest lake in Europe) or to the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s archipelago – we won’t know until that day. One thing we do know for sure is, it’ll be a great experience!
- The safety equipment you skate with weighs approximately 8kg.
- Price for 3 days:
- Arrival night at Arlanda Airport– 9790 SEK pp (based on 2 adults sharing a double room), 11590 SEK pp (single room)
- Arrival night at The Royal Viking– 10790 SEK pp (based on 2 adults sharing a double room), 12590 SEK pp (single room)
- There is no triple room option.
THIS IS OUR MOST POPULAR WINTER TOUR, WITH ALMOST 60% OF OUR GUESTS BEING REPEAT CLIENTS! SO IF YOU ARE KEEN TO JOIN US, DON’T HESITATE, BOOK TODAY!
Some quotes; see more pics and reviews and follow us for fresch updates on our FB page!
”The skating experience on black ice and sunset was amazing! And perfect catered with lodges to stay and terrific guides – all inclusive and nothing missing. We will be back on black” Dutch couple
”The first day we skated 31 kilometers, wind from behind and sun in our eyes – I will never forget the sound of the ice singing as we were flying away. Great group atmosphere” Franz and Sigrid Hamburg
”As a skating fan and enjoying events where the whole family can enjoy – I must say that the “Wikingrun” together with close to 2.000 other skaters was an experience matching our wildest expectations – thanks guys! ” Brower family – Rotterdam
Book directly with us
- INSTANT CONFIRMATION!
- NO booking fees.
- NO cancellation fees (cancel up to 24h in advance for a full refund).
See our full list of reasons to book directly with us, click here.